Saturday, April 4, 2015

Let's Play: Indie games


As promised, here comes the Easter special! Not that special, just something little extra. And since it is holiday (at least in my country), you should spent your time wisely! By playing games of course! I really don't have time to play long games with stories, that will blow your mind (not right now). So I decided on indie games. But don't worry, they are awesomely funny and puzzling!

First set of games, that I've chosen is Robot Unicorn Attack. These are so called 'endless running' games. There are quite few of them nowadays, for example Evolution or Heavy Metal. You can play them online or download an app for your android (not sure about iOS, because I don't use it). And these are super fun! You are given three wishes at start (lives) and run. Point of the game is to dash through diamonds and giants, or in Evolution, to evolve (obviously). As you progress you gain speed. At first I was really bad at this, especially some installments were getting faster too fast (wow, much words, such potato). But once you get a hold of it, it is really a relaxing game. Not to mention the soundtrack. I always remember the song Always by Erasure (I think it was the first song they used), that plays throughout the game and I laugh as a sick person. Seriously who wrote those lyrics?

Next set of games are William and Sly. I admit, these are little longer to play. But they are beautiful. Especially the first installment. The setup is made in woods and caves, where you play as a little fox. And your master asks you to repair rune stones. So you go and repair them, on the way you gather mushrooms, because you have a sweet tooth for them (are mushrooms sweet?). The game is made really nice. It kind of reminds me of old PC games, where you jump and run... Yeah. And not to forget, you will need some time to get through the game.

And the last set to mention is Grow games. Ever heard of them? No? So repent from this sin and play them. They are made by Eyezmaze studio and you can find all the grow games on their website. These are games built on evolutionary principles. You click on thing and they evolve, or level up. The main quest is to level up all the things to the maximum. These games can be quiet tricky and can take time, if you insist of cracking the puzzle without help of the internet (you damned cheaters!). But they are super fun. I am always looking forward their new game! The setup is somehow weird and Japan inspired. And outcomes of your decisions might be hilarious. Because even if you won't get the highest level, something will happen. And that is most of the time funny. Games keep you interested and makes you want to explore them. If you are into puzzle games, these are definitely for you.

There are lot of indie games, that I like. But I tried to choose three different categories for you. Which are your favourites? Do you like to play them online on your computer or with your smartphone? Tell me and if you know about something, advice me with a nice game. I will be looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment