Sunday, February 15, 2015

My little whims

Whenever I see beautiful cover of a book I am stunned. Yes, I shouldn't buy it because of cover, but can you resist? You just have to take a look. Especially when you are looking at manga cover... But I am not that frivolous (not all the time)! There is but one thing that I buy only because of cover. Notebooks.

I love them! If I were rich I would own thousands of them (I do already). I am obsessed with notebooks, booklets, etc. I don't use them really... Well, I find them too precious. So they wait for the right moment and right idea. Thus my room is stocked with diaries. When my friends pay me a visit they rudely open them, touch them and I am dying inside. I've had this one notebook from IKEA. It was winter themed and it took me two years to use it. Only notebook that I use on daily basis is my Moleskine.

And what I am looking for? Anything! Simple, decorative, pink black... I don't care. It should be exceptional (for me). I would really like to own this Korean notebook, that I found on ebay with brown paper. And I can't resist to those with leather covers (why are they so expensive...). I also like to decorate visuals of my notebook (when I start to use them). Add some doodle or sticker. But still, it takes me a lot of time to start using them.
But I doubt that anyone used these precious notebooks recklessly. If you did, then just... Okay. These are Moleskines from limited collection - The Hobbit. I've got three of them, but I plan to buy two more. I love everything Tolkien related, so I just couldn't resist. If you hesitated, buy them, they are worth the price. They are gorgeous. They are desperately begging for stories to be written in them! I never loved any notebook this much. Everyone has a map to Lonely Mountain and some lovely illustration inside. Plus the last one (one in fabric) was in the box with quote from Tolkien and little drawing of Hobbiton. Buy them, they are limited! Which remind me, that I hate myself for missing limited collection of Le Petit Prince (hope I wrote that right). 

Do you like notebooks? Or anything else that you have, yet you don't use it? And if you are obsessed with notebooks send me pictures or links so I can see them.

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand what you're saying. My handwriting or gibberish written with it are simply not worth the beauty of certain designs haha

    Oh, and those Hobbit Moleskines - they should be held in a glass box! To be honest, I'd probably die if I could lay my hands on one of those, too bad there's hardly any chance they have them here.. ah Lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? You just can't destroy them recklessly :) Btw I bought them all through bookdepository.com, price was best plus free shipping worldwide :)

      Delete