Sunday, February 8, 2015

Let's play: Sims 4

I remember those magical times when I played Sims for the first time. It wasn't the first pc game that I experienced, but I loved it! And even though it is not my favorite game, I still like it and enjoy spending some time with it. I was lucky enough to play every Sims game so far. So I was pretty excited for Sims 4. But let us get to back to the start of this road. 

My brother once brought me this game, Sims, and we played it a lot, from start. Then I played it on my own. It proved to be quite challenging, because at the time I was just a child and I couldn't speak English. And my brother refused to install it in language that would suit me better.

But with all the struggles I got through it and managed to learn a lot of English from it. Few years later were me and my friend excited to install Sims 2! It was so exciting! And we somehow failed to install it properly, because, well computer was lagging as hell... But we've got through it as well and enjoyed all that stuff that Sims 2 provided. And breaking point in this Sims journey was of course Sims 3. All that additional stuff (expansions)! It was fairy tale! 

It was perfect way to get away from problematic life ( yes as a fifteen year old those were enormous problems). Just build your way up to the top by reading a skill book for ten hours! Or write that magical word motherlode! And here you are! Living your life like a boss, having bitches, killing neighbors, raiding tombs, being raped by aliens!

And I was excited for the next gen of this craziness. I knew, that the base game will not be the same as the game with shitload of stuff. But my hopes were high! And they fell right on the bottom. Yes. In my honest opinion Sims 4 was nothing but a disappointment.

And why I dare to say so? All that open space that Sims 3 gave us is gone (for now), furniture is really disgusting and really big, but that is not something that bothers me that much. But it is just not the same. It is a life simulator now. Before it was life simulator* (* if by life you mean crazy stuff that normally doesn't happen will happen). It is not that crazy Sims anymore. And last thing. It is nothing new. I don't want to play the same concept again and again. I want more to it! Not just build a house, find a job, bang your maid, kill your maid.

I am sure that if you played Sims 2 that you also stumbled upon Sims Stories, or Sims Medieval. Very ambitious projects! And I loved them! Of course it was more of a concept, but it had so much potential. For more mature players it created challenge (not that much of a challenge). It was based on doing quests! And it was so much fun!  And I'd be glad to see it in Sims games. But, sadly, I don't think it will happen.

So what do you think of new Sims game? Do you like it? Which Sims game was your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment